The UB Toner Blog
Summer means fresh veggie season is upon us! 0
The beauty of this season is having access to fresh vegetables from your local farmer’s market or better yet, your own garden!
My name is Amy and I have recently joined the UB Toner team. I am an avid gardener and look forward to the harvest every year. I grow artichokes, green and black beans, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, melon and squash alongside of my many fruit trees and berry bushes. Adding fresh or grilled vegetables to your BBQ menu can cut down on calories too!
Here are a couple of easy, healthy ideas you can try!
Watermelon Feta Salad
This salad is easily portable to your outdoor parties and is very refreshing.
- 6 cups cubed watermelon
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Balsamic vinegar, optional
In a large bowl combine watermelon, red onion, feta, and mint. Stir until ingredients are well combined. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar, if using. Serve chilled.
Marinated Mushroom Skewers
- 2 pounds mushrooms, sliced ½ inch thick
- 1 TBS Soy or tamari sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp thyme, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Marinate the mushrooms in the mixture for 30 minutes. Skewer the mushrooms and grill until just tender and slightly charred, about 2-3 minutes per side.
I look forward to sharing more with the UB Toner community.
Enjoy and until next time,
- Amy Gard
Summer is just around the corner 0
With the first official day of summer right around the corner, we are all very excited to switch up our wardrobes and settle into the easy lifestyles that warm weather can bring. The summer season is known for it’s fun, relaxed and care-free attitude, but that one thing that we should try not to relax on this summer is our health and fitness regime. In fact, this season could be the perfect time to start a new one! Did you know it only takes a few weeks to create a new habit?
Why not get in the habit of starting to use your UB Toner each day. It doesn’t have to be complicated. Using your UB Toner for just ten minutes a day following these four easy exercises can tone your upper body and make you look and feel great in your favorite summer outfits.
Try incorporating your UB Toner regime into into your morning routine, or pulling it out when you are watching Netflix in the evening. You could even bring it to your child’s soccer or baseball practice and use it on as you cheer them on from the sidelines. The UB Toner is small, portable and can be used anywhere, even on your summer vacations.
Incentive yourself and make your summer work outs more fun by giving yourself rewards like buying some cool workout or tech fitness gear or maybe plan a BBQ with friends at the end of a long week.
Here’s to summer, fitness and being healthy all season long!
Habits are the Key To Success 0
Fall is such a beautiful time of year. For many, it’s a time to re-start and get back into routine after carefree and casual summers. When it comes to fitness, routine really is the trick to staying on track. Once something has become a habit, it is harder to allow our brains to make excuses not to do it.
Our Summer Update. 1
It’s been such an exciting summer for us here at UB Toner - and it’s all thanks to you. Your support and feedback has helped make everything we’ve done possible, and we couldn’t be any more thankful to have you here with us. We’ve come a long way over the last few years, and we can’t wait to see what the future has in store.
We’ve built an amazing community with your help – people of all walks of life have come together to join the UB Toner community. We’ve been thrilled to see the feedback we’ve had, and we’re always glad to hear suggestions.
We’re excited to announce that the UB Toner is also now available through the Etailz storefront on Amazon, and we’re extremely excited to be working with such a great group of people. Based out of Spokane, Etailz are the premier online marketplace experts – including their own Amazon storefront.
Here is the UB Toner’s new listing through the Etailz storefront:
We’ve also made some great new friends who have had the chance to try the UB Toner – and what they’ve written has left us speechless.
Ady of Verbal Gold Blog recently gave the UB Toner a try, and she says “This little gadget packs a punch. You can definitely feel the burn when you are using it at the maximum resistance. You’re able to do 4 different exercises in just 10 minutes a day! Super easy to fit in while traveling.”
If you’d like to read the rest of the blog, or if you’d like to see more from Verbal Gold Blog, click here:
Taylor Walker of Taylor Walker Fit has also used the UB Toner, and it’s safe to say she’s enjoying it. We’re really excited to see her getting results! She says “I was pleasantly surprised with how fast I felt my upper body working. The resistance is attainable yet challenging.”
Here’s a link to Taylor’s blog, if you’d like to have a look:
She even made a video about it – and it looks great! We’re thrilled with the results.
Ady and Taylor aren’t the only ones who have fallen in love with the UB Toner. We have several more on our Facebook page, take a look and give us a like here:
Thank you so much for being here with us. It’s been an incredible ride, and we’re thrilled to have you here.
- Ian Templin
Spring to-dos 0
Here we are again - time to change our clocks and wardrobes and trade in our winter jackets and boots for sweaters and cute open-toed shoes. But there’s something special about this particular season change, unlike the cold breezes of fall and the inevitable dreariness that winter brings, springtime promises a sense of renewed anticipation - the guarantee of ever-growing days, warmer weather and the lazy days of summer just around the corner.
It’s an exciting time of year and with it comes a lift in our energy levels and a chance to renew both our physical spaces and our bodies. Not sure where to start, don’t worry we’ve got you covered.
Here are 5 things to Focus your Health and Fitness efforts on this Spring:
- Spring clean with essential oils. What better way to say spring then with the refreshing scents of lemon, grapefruit, lavender or orange. Staying away from the chemicals that store-bought cleaners contain is great for our bodies, not to mention the health benefits you may actually receive from using nature’s great-smelling products. A quick search on Pinterest or Google will have you making and creatively using your own cleaning products in minutes.
- Commit to consume more local foods. While some climates don’t allow for us to graze off the lands we live in the colder months of the year, the warm breezes of spring remind us that eating local is possible and in the best interest of our health. Seasonal fruits and vegetables offer more flavour and value for your wallet. This spring, visit your local supermarket or farmer’s market and treat yourself to the produce that was out-of-season or too costly to purchase all winter.
- Venture outside. No one can argue the benefits of plain old walking. It is great for your cardiovascular system and burns calories. To keep it exciting, make an effort to change up your route each time you get out and explore areas of your neighbourhood you’ve never noticed before. Walk, rather than drive, to run your local errands, take your kids to soccer or get your morning coffee. Your body will appreciate not only the exercise it is getting but also all the extra fresh air.
- Mediate to de-stress. You don’t have to commit to large amounts of time to set aside to focus on clearing your mind and paying attention to your breathing, even a few minutes every hour can be enough to de-stress. What does matter is giving yourself these undivided moments throughout the day to clear your mind. Find moments throughout your busy day to sit in silence, close your eyes and focus on pulling breaths of air down into your belly. Start slow and you will begin to experience a more calming attitude and increased focus on your daily tasks, in no time.
- Commit to a quick 10 minute daily exercise routine. Can anyone of us really say that we can’t find an extra 10 minutes in our day?. If we start with a small goal of adding only 10 minutes - over the course of the week this could equate into over an hour of additional exercise (and up to 500 extra calories burned)! It takes 21 days to create a habit, so committing to just 10 minutes daily early on in the spring season will get you on the right track. Some days you may even find the time and energy to dedicate more time. Examples of quick, effective 10 min workouts that can be done anywhere can be found here.
Image credit to Rohantime.
- Christina Crowe